Active engineering began in 1987 with a small machine shop in a 8’x 14’, workshop that contained a lathe, milling machine, shaper, saw and radial drill – quite packed, but just enough room to swing a cat.
For a few years most profits were reinvested in machine tools to allow us to create both finished components for other people and also our own products.
After a spell in rented council building we bought our own factory in 1997 which at 1500 sq ft enabled us to become more organised with both production and design facilities.
In 2001 we moved to our current 5000 sq ft site. The space inside allows us to have several jobs running at once and the ¾ acre out side space which allows us to conduct testing and evaluation of our products.
Our early output mainly went into the mining industry which demands rugged and reliable products, this philosophy carries on to our products today , no matter how attractive an item looks it has to work in the field and exceed expectations.